Have you ever heard of smudging? Maybe this is something you regularly practice.
Whether you’ve done it before or you are a smudging-newbie, this wonderfully peaceful and ancient ceremony can be done right at home for your very own backyard retreat!
Here’s some great “sage-advice”!
We suggest inviting your friends over, lighting up a campfire (safely), and trying out our ritual checklist. It’s a great way to connect with loved ones and do a little inner-healing too.
Smudging comes from mostly Indigenous roots, but Egyptians, Romans and Greeks used Sage-smudging rituals thousands of years ago!
One of the main purposes of smudging is to cleanse your aura and self of any unwanted and negative energies. It’s also said to promote wisdom and peace.
What you’ll need for your THC Sage-Smudging Ceremony:
- An abalone shell or fire-resistant-bowl
- A feather ( fanning tool to direct the smoke from the sage)
- White Sage
- Matches or lighter
- Paper and pens
- Drums (if anyone plays)
What you can do during your ceremony ( just a few friendly tips):
1.Begin by lighting up your fire (safely!)
2. When it’s burning beautifully, throw some sage into it. Sage is also said to repel bugs so it’s ideal for camping or campfires even when you’re not performing a sage ceremony
3.Using your abalone shell or bowl, place white sage into it and light up the ends of the sage – when it catches fire, gently blow it out so that what’s left is a soft trail of smoke.
4.Cue the drummer. If anyone drums, this is the time where they shine! Ask your drummer to gently drum while you perform this sage-smudging ceremony.
5. You can go around each person at the fire, circling them once while they think of something they need to heal, let go of, or release.
6. Once you move on to the next person, the previous can write down their intentions of healing on a piece of paper.
7. After everyone has been immersed in Sage ( you may need to re-light from time to time) It’s your turn! You can hold the shell in front of you while the sage is burning and gently cup your hand in front of you gathering smoke and putting it over your head. Be sure to think of an intention too.
8. Invite everyone, in their own time, to place their intentions into the fire. Carefully letting the pieces of paper burn and be cleansed.
9. Ask for a few moments of silence to reflect and release. Breathe deeply and generously. Let it all go.
10. Once everyone has had a chance to release, you can break the silence by offering some delicious cannabis treats to further and deepen the ceremony and feel even more chill.
Check out our recipes below and choose your favorite treat.
We love Cannabis Marshmallows – goes perfect when creating smores at the fireside! Check out the video here.
Nothing is better than an Oreo Cookie infused with Cannabis!
THC: 1400-2800mg per batch
In a large bowl, cream together half cup Cannabis butter with half cup normal butter. Mix with the white sugar and salt, until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs until fully incorporated.
Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda into the mix. Blend well.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix together until combined.Turn the dough out onto your surface and push together into a flat square. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 325˚F .
To make the filling, combine ½ cup Cannabis butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Beat together until light and fluffy.
Remove the dough from the fridge, and for ease of rolling out, divide the dough into 4
To roll out the dough, place a quarter of the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough between the two sheets of parchment to ¼-inch thickness.
Using a small round cookie cutter or champagne glass cut the dough into individual rounds and place on a large parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving at least ½-inch between each cookie.
Pack together and re-roll out any scraps to cut additional cookies. Repeat with this process with each remaining ¼ of the dough.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Remove and transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Assemble the cookies by spreading a generous scoop of the icing onto one of the cookies and sandwiching it with another. Give it a light squeeze and scrape any excess off to clear and even out the sides.
Serve with a glass of milk.
Calories: 200kcal | Fat: 20g
We hope this ceremony will help you feel at peace, more relaxed and a little lighter and brighter.
We’d love to hear from you and what you did to further enjoy your Sage-smudging ceremony.
To read more about the interesting health benefits of sage, click here.