The Research and Development Supervisor will be responsible for new method, product, and equipment development as well as design, analytical validation, and scale up for development and production of cannabis. As a representative of the company, you will follow established policies and procedures as required to comply with state regulations.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Method development for increased production of cannabinoids and other cannabis-based compounds
- Lead scale-up from development to production quantities, in collaboration with plant production personnel
- Assist in the development of new nutrient formulations and superior cultivation technologies.
- Develop manufacturing instructions, scale up test/trials, and transfer processes into mainstream production.
- Design and perform method validations for new products, methods, and equipment
- Review and establish specifications with the Cultivation leadership for novel products and processes
- Provide Cultivation and Executive leaders with investigational or summary reports on a scheduled basis
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of equipment and daily quality control testing of analytical and /or preparative methods
- Provide cost and man-hour estimates associated with R&D project proposals
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee laboratory analyses, data transformation/analysis, site studies, health and safety studies, and investigations into market products and trends.
- Design and implement plant production studies, product quality and stability evaluation experiments; supervise technical staff
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years in a commercial agriculture or horticulture field with both hands on and supervisory experience
- Advanced understanding of experimental design, developing KPI’s, and project management procedures
- Understanding of plant nutrients, physiology, morphology, genetics, IPM practices, biochemistry.
- Both give and take direction well along with strong observational, written, verbal, listening, planning, and organization skills.
- Can accurately multitask several projects at high levels of complexity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization on the phone, in person and via email
- Previous supervisory experience required
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to work in extreme weather.
- The ability to have consistent attention to detail for 8 hours per day.
Apply directly: https://boards.greenhouse.io/paralleljobs/jobs/4684297002