Movement is important. No matter how you choose to move your body, however, it seems as though aches and pains are inevitable. You may be wondering if CBD and natural pain-relievers can work for you. While a conversation with your physician will help you determine the best answer, what we hope to provide today is some insight on CBD for golfers.
Common pain points for golfers
Golf, though often viewed as a sport for retirees, can wreak havoc if you’re not properly trained or use improper form. Even if your skills are perfect and you’re practically pro, overuse injuries are still something to consider. On the other hand, if you’re an amateur, why not use something the pros are already using themselves? You may be surprised to hear that two notable pros who credit CBD for relief include Bubba Watson and Billy Horschel. The full list is much longer.
It’s no secret that CBD has been studied as a natural alternative to OTC and prescription pain medication and has shown some success. But what are some specific concerns that indicate CBD for golfers is a good idea? As a golfer or simply a fan, you may know that golfers are subject to various aches and pains, poor sleep, anxiety — anything that can affect any of us.
Can CBD help my golf game?
If you use CBD to improve an underlying aspect of your health, it’s not out the question that it can also improve your golf game. According to our friends at Papa & Barkley, CBD can do just that. Of course, for some, that may be a farther cry than others (fore!).
CBD is all-natural and non-intoxicating, especially if you choose products that are THC-free. CBD acts on the body via the endocannabinoid system, which not only regulates various bodily processes, but also works to inhibit pain and reduce inflammation. Remember those overuse injuries we talked about? This wear and tear results in inflammation, which is your body’s way of saying, “slow down, take care, and adjust.” CBD can be a great addition to an ongoing healing and game-improvement process.
The best CBD products for golfers
Many brands are dedicated to helping all athletes — both amateur and professional — recover better and reach a higher level of performance. While the best products for you will depend on your specific concerns, you’re sure to find a great starting point below. If you’re brand new to CBD, it’s especially important to talk to your doctor. He or she can ensure it won’t interact with any other conditions you have or any medications you’re already taking.
Product types explained
When browsing for CBD products, you may see tinctures, topicals, capsules, edibles, drinks, and more. While it’ll come down to your body system and specific preference to find your favorites, here’s a little bit about each:
- Tinctures: Tinctures aren’t for everyone, but they’re at the top of the list for their absorption rates (both for how much CBD your body can absorb from them as well as how quickly this can occur). Many tinctures can easily be mixed into beverages, smoothies, and more.
- Topicals: Topicals are obviously perfect for targeting problem areas of muscle and joint aches or soreness.
- Capsules: Capsules are a great option for on-the-go lifestyles or if you dislike the taste or texture of oils or edibles.
- Edibles: While gummies aren’t going to do the work of giving your body additional nutrients after a workout, they can be a fun treat (and a totally effective way to take CBD). Keep in mind they may take longer to kick in than tinctures, for example.
- Drinks: CBD-infused drinks can be a great way to replenish your body of much-needed electrolytes and hydration. Be sure to check out BioSteel for protein powders and drink mixes expertly formulated for athletes.
Shop our favorite brands for athletes
You really can’t go wrong with any CBD product on our site, but some brands really stand out for the unique formulations they create with athletes in mind. Check out the following:
Shop all CBD for athletes HERE >>