CBD Massage Oils
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of many cannabinoids found in cannabis and industrial hemp plants. Holistic and all-natural health remedies are becoming increasingly popular among people of all ages. Among the growing markets for essential oils, probiotics, and other similar products, the market for CBD has experienced exponential growth over the past couple of years.
The current empirical evidence for CBD and its potential health benefits is well-established and continues to grow in size and effect. The naturally occurring chemical compound has been proven useful for pain management, seizure and epilepsy management, anxiety management for conditions such as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), addiction treatment, and many other chronic health conditions.
With tons of both empirical and anecdotal evidence circulating across the media and world, there has been a surge in new and creative CBD topicals available for purchase, including CBD massage oils. Because CBD interacts with our endocannabinoid system – the compound is absorbed through our skin and has a direct effect on our bodies. With the direct application to our skin, CBD massage oils act on the CB1 and CB2 receptors in our endocannabinoid system and signal our central and peripheral nervous systems to calm down. As a result, our experiences with pain are often toned down or entirely muted – leaving us feeling close to, or entirely, pain-free.
Below we share our top picks for the best CBD massage oils on the market. These oils are all made by manufacturers who use third-party labs to test the concentration of CBD and other ingredients in their products, source their CBD from plants grown in the USA, and have a trusted reputation within the industry for their overall product quality.
Best CBD Massage Oils – Our Top Picks
- 260mg organic broad-spectrum CBD per 200ml bottle
- Dry oil formula for massages
- Vegan, cruelty free, paraben free, non-GMO ingredients
- Cost = 0.19/mg
- Additional Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Calendula Oil, Rosehip Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Peppermint Oil, Marjoram Oil, Wintergreen Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Rosemary Oil, Blue Tansy Oil, Bergamot Oil
- Third-party lab testing: CBDFx has a third-party, independent lab run analysis on all of their products to assess for pesticides, heavy metals, solvents, and microbials in addition to their cannabinoid profile. Their massage oil is tested by BioCann Laboratories, based in Irvine, California. The full lab report, separated by batch, can be found on the Rejuvediol product page. The reports are easy to read and clearly report the total amount of CBD and THC per batch.
- Customer Service/Shipping Details:
- Provided by USPS or FedEx
- New orders packed within 2 business days
- Ships internationally
- Order status accessible through your account page
- Why we love them: CBDFx prides itself on transparency with all of their products – topicals included! Not only are all of their products tested by an independent, third party lab, but the lab reports are easily accessible on each product’s buying page and an individual page on their website. All CBD used in their topical products are extracted from organically grown plants in the U.S., cultivated with organic, non-GMO ingredients. With new topical products consistently showing up on their website, consumers can try a variety of formulations when searching for what works best for them personally. For a full review of all products from CBDFx, click here.
Get the best available prices on CBDfx Massage Oil
- Available in a variety of potencies of full-spectrum CBD:
- 200mg per 2oz bottle
- Cost = 0.06/mg
- 800mg per 8oz bottle
- Cost = 0.05/mg
- 1,600mg per 16oz bottle
- Cost = 0.04/mg
- 200mg per 2oz bottle
- Additional Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Third-party lab testing: To ensure the quality of their premium CBD products, Lazarus Naturals submits a sample from each batch manufactured to be tested at a third party facility. Their CBD massage oil is tested by Pixis Labs, based in Portland, Oregon. Every sample is tested for pesticides, heavy metals, and potency, and those results are posted on each product page by batch (dated for convenience) to allow maximum transparency.
- Customer Service/Shipping Details:
- Shipped via UPS or USPS
- Orders placed are shipped in same or next-business day
- Orders cannot be cancelled once shipped
- Full refunds issued within 30 days of return
- Item exchange also available
- Why we love them: Lazarus Naturals is a reputable manufacturer of CBD products derived from hemp. The company has a strong mission that is rooted in the belief that CBD should be accessible for all people who need it. As a result, they have programs in place to help those who may be unable to afford their products, including discounts for people with disabilities, veterans, or low-income people who qualify. Based out of Seattle, Washington, their full spectrum CBD products are all made in house using non-GMO, domestically sourced hemp. They even use kosher ethanol in their extraction process instead of harmful solvents to get all the CBD and terpenes for their full spectrum extracts.
- 100mg CBD per 4oz bottle
- Cost = 0.25/mg
- 100% vegan ingredients, PETA-certified, gluten-free, and paraben-free
- Additional Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary, Avocado Oil, Marula Seed
- Third-party lab testing: All of CBD Daily’s products are manufactured by Earthly Body, a leader in manufacturing hemp-based products. All of CBD Daily’s products are tested by an independent third-party lab (Encore Labs) from Pasadena, California. On their website, CBD Daily has a lab testing page, which separates all lab tests by product for consumer convenience. Their massage oil is tested for the full cannabinoid profile, pesticides, residual solvents, microbials, and heavy metals.
- Customer Service/Shipping Details:
- Currently only ships to the United States
- Free shipping on orders over $30.00 USD
- 7-10 business days for order to be processed and to ship
- 100% refund issued within 14 days of receipt of products
- Initiate returns through customer service first ([email protected])
- Why we love them: CBD Daily is a brand focusing solely on CBD-infused skin care products. Their massage oil is made with minimal, high-quality ingredients that soothe our skin, even without the addition of CBD! CBD Daily’s parent company, Earthly Body, is a family-owned business that has been creating hemp-based, all-natural personal care products since 1996. Their organization is committed to environmentally conscious practices, which is reflected in their packaging materials and at their headquarters in Los Angeles, CA.
CBD Massage Oil Buying Guide
What is CBD Massage Oil?
There are many different methods available for those looking to use CBD. Among the most popular are vaping and using CBD oil or tinctures. However, many people who are experiencing joint or muscle pain from an injury or chronic condition, such as arthritis, choose topical creams and massage oils as their way of using the beneficial compound. While research specifically dedicated to CBD topical products is somewhat limited, the research that has been published demonstrates how beneficial CBD can be for pain management and skin-related conditions.
All CBD massage oils are applied directly to the skin and can be used when treating yourself or others with a nourishing massage. Many massage oils on the market use other soothing ingredients, such as coconut or avocado oil, to promote healthy skin.
Dry oil formulas are preferred as compared to standard formulations in the massage industry. Dry oil is lightweight and can be absorbed quickly by our skin. Standard massage oil typically stays on top of the skin to reduce friction during a massage, but non-greasy formulations are usually the popular choice among consumers.
The CBD massage oils featured in this buying guide all contain additional, soothing scents as a part of their ingredient lists. Aromatherapy has been shown to aid in relaxation, not only during massages, but in our day to day routines. In combination with hemp oil, these scents contribute to a relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
How To Use CBD Massage Oil
As one may assume, CBD massage oils can be used the same way a traditional massage oil is – during a therapeutic massage! All of the oils in this review are applied directly to the skin and are safe to be rubbed into the skin.
If you are someone with very sensitive skin or someone who struggles with a lot of topical allergies, it is recommended that you try applying a small dab of the massage oil onto one isolated area of the body to see if your skin has a reaction. If so, you may consider returning the product for a refund and experimenting with a different formulation. Similarly, some of the massage oil products on the market contain tree nuts, so beyond researching the ingredient list, it may be a good idea to run the product and the idea of using it by your physician to confirm that it is safe for you to use.
To begin using CBD massage oils, you may dispense as little or as much of the oil into your hands as desired. Next, you will bring the oil to room temperature by rubbing it gently in your hands and continue to massage the oil onto the desired body area.
Beyond a therapeutic massage session, these CBD massage oils can also be used to address specific areas of the body that are in pain. One may refer to this as a “trigger point” or “spot treatment.” When using a massage oil for one specific part of the body, a smaller amount of massage oil should be dispensed from the applicator.
After applying and once you are finished with your massage, remember to wash and dry your hands with soap as to avoid transferring non-edible CBD oils onto food or into drinks.You may repeat these steps as desired, until you feel the beneficial effects of the massage oils working for you and your body!
- Best CBD Gummies for 2020
- Best CBD Vape Oils for 2020
- Best CBD Capsules for 2020
- Best CBD Oil Tinctures for 2020
- CBD and Cannabis Statistics