Cooking with CBD can be nutritious, satisfying, and take very little effort on your part to prepare. In this article, we’ll give you several recipes that you can whip up with just a few simple ingredients and in no time at all.
Before we get to the recipes, however, remember that CBD oil loses its effectiveness when it’s exposed to high temperatures. This is why we’re focusing on recipes that require no heat to ensure the CBD’s potency. Let’s get started!
1. Raw vegan CBD granola bars
Granola bars can be a quick snack to satisfy cravings and give you a quick boost of energy. You can even enjoy them at any time of the day. Be careful, however, as these granola bars can be highly addictive simply because they’re so delicious!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or agave syrup, or honey)
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter (peanut, cashew, almond, etc)
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (raisins, goji berries, etc)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts/seeds (almonds, pecans, pepitas, chia, etc)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup quinoa puffs (or rice puffs)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) CBD oil
- Line a baking pan (not to bake, we promise!) with unbleached parchment paper, and leave a couple of inches of extra parchment to hang over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease the paper with some oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat, or in a double boiler. The wet ingredients are: maple syrup, nut butter, cacao butter, and CBD oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients until well blended.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture into dry mixture, and combine until mixed well.
- Transfer the granola mixture into the prepared pan with parchment paper, and spread evenly with your hands or a spatula, pressing firmly to form one large granola bar.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap, or a silicon cover, and place in freezer for one hour, or until set.
- Remove from the freezer, remove from the pan, and cut into bite size squares or larger bars.
- Store uneaten portion in the fridge or freezer.
Do take the liberty and add spices and herbs, like turmeric or cinnamon, for an even tastier, and healthier, treat!
2. CBD salad dressing
While you can simply add a few drops of CBD oil into your favorite premade salad dressing, it’s always more gratifying to start from scratch so that you can adjust a recipe to your tastes and ensure freshness. This recipe is for a quick vinaigrette that you pour over a fresh bowl of greens at any time you’re craving for something light and delicious.
- 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 minced clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) CBD oil
- Prepare the orange by first using a grater to separate the zest from the skin and collecting it in a bowl. Be careful to avoid the white pith of the fruit as this can make the dressing bitter.
- Slice the orange in half, extract its juice, and pass it through a strainer into your bowl.
- Add the vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper into the bowl and transfer the contents to a food processor.
- Blend the mixture until it’s smooth and then add the olive oil and CBD oil.
- Give the vinaigrette a final blend until it’s fully emulsified.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a clean bottle or jar and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
These recipes are incredibly easy to do, and with the addition of CBD oil into the mix, they’re certainly unique. Don’t just take our word for it, however, go and make these recipes at home and enjoy them for yourself!